The Joy of Wholesale + Indie Retail 2.0 are coming!
Ladies and gentlemen, I have announcements to make.
Look, I’ve got my Announcing Hat on.
And you know I don’t break that baby out of its hyperbaric chamber unless I have something really important to say.
Okay, announcement one:
I’m launching the NEW Indie Retail Academy website ON MONDAY
Get ready to talk wholesale, art, money, motivation and quesadillas in a much plusher space. I probably won’t ask you to take your shoes off, but don’t go stomping around in any muddy puddles before you come over, okay?
Oh, and leave your leaky biros at the door. I don’t care what Barry Scott says, Cillit Bang can only do so much.
The second announcement?
I’m also launching:
The Joy of Wholesale – A Beginner’s Guide for Artists + Makers
That’s happening on Monday too.
The planets must be aligning. Or I had one too many sprigs of broccoli in my green smoothie this morning.
The Joy of Wholesale is an e-course which covers:
- Understanding the basics of wholesale so you know what the heck everyone’s talking about
- How selling your work to shops makes you money
- A strategy for pricing for your work that actually takes care of you, the artist
- Why it’s okay to feel weird about putting a price on your lovely thing
- The most important (and most skipped) step in pricing your work
- How to position your product alongside your competitors
- Exactly what shopkeepers are looking for from your product
- How sale or return (or consignment) works, and why it can suck
- Deciding where your business is headed and how you’ll know when you get there
- How to be certain that wholesale is right for you
You can also expect worksheets, examples, an audio version, jokes about pirates and a whole lotta kick-ass inspiration to help you DO THIS THING
Want to know what else?
Argh! Sorry, my Announcing Hat slipped off for a second there. Let me try that again.
The Joy of Wholesale is FREE
Loads of you were kind enough to fill out my survey – thank you for that (or if you’d like to fill it out now, thank you in advance.)
You told me this is stuff you’re struggling with. And I ain’t having that.
Not when I can help.
So if you’re an Indie Retail subscriber, keep your eyes on your inbox this Monday. Or jump on the list here.
It’s going to be WICKED
Looks like I’ve got a busy week ahead of me, but before I go, a quick heads-up.
The Secret Lab is closing its doors for the time being. If you’re a subscriber and you want a copy of What Shopkeepers Wish You Knew, head over there and download it before it disappears on Saturday.
If you’ve forgotten your password, shoot me an email and we’ll get you fixed up.
Indie Retail will be covered in dustsheets and offline over the weekend, in preparation for MONDAY.
Dammit. I’ve said that word so many times today it’s lost all meaning.
See you back here bright and early on, you know, the first day of the next working week. Begins with an M, ends with “day.”
Unless you’re French, in which case it’s an L.
I need a margarita.