Want to get wholesale right first time?
Of course you do.
But hold still while I read your mind.
Ah. Something’s coming though…
You’re an artist, designer, crafter or maker. You sell your work directly to the public and it’s going pretty well. You’ve got a successful store on Etsy, Folksy or another marketplace. Or perhaps you’ve built up a serious following on the craft show circuit and through your own website.
Whatever you’re doing, it’s working.
People love your stuff.
The lovely thing you make is in demand and some days you have to make two trips to the post office.
But you still have bills. And student loans. Maybe a day job you’re not exactly crazy about. And a demanding cat who expects to be fed every damn night.
You’re working round the clock but money’s still too tight to mention.
You know you need to sell more stuff.
But how? And who to?
Here, have a tic tac.
Go on, take two. Now here’s what I want you to know.
Wholesale doesn’t have to be another obstacle you have to overcome.
Watch this 1 minute video and I’ll tell you why.
I'm an indie retailer
I can teach you what you need to know – quickly, easily and without using the word “spreadsheet.”
My Indie Retail starter kit is a free digital class for creative people who want to sell their work to shops. The class is called The Joy of Wholesale.
I believe there’s another how-to book with a similar title. To help you tell the difference, you can do everything in my book with your clothes on.
Or not. I ain’t judging.GET THE TRAINING NOW
Here's what you'll learn
Chapter One: Compatability
- What the hell IS wholesale, anyway?
- Why selling your work to shops could be the smartest thing you’ll ever do.
- How wholesale makes you money.
- The benefits for your finances, customers and happiness.
- How to see your product as buyers do.
- The seven features of ready-for-retail products.
- A checklist of things you MUST have before you even think of getting started.
Chapter Two: Desire
- What’s branding? (Hint – it involves melon ballers.)
- How to read your customer’s mind so your product sells like frikkin’ hotcakes.
- Why what you think you know about your customer is probably wrong.
- How to avoid making the biggest (and most common) branding mistake.
- The easy way to find out who your customer REALLY is.
- How to find potential stockists who actually want and need to hear from you.
Chapter Three: Confidence
- How to price your work for wholesale – in way that actually takes care of you.
- Why it’s okay to feel weird about putting a price the lovely thing you make.
- A step-by-step guide to figuring out your wholesale price, with examples.
- How to work out your hourly rate. (You’ve got one, right?)
- Why profit is so much more than cash that’s left over – and how to put it to work.
- Why undercutting your stockists is a HUGE mistake.
- Why raising your prices with confidence means more customers, not fewer.
Chapter Four: Role Play
- Why researching your competitors is essential.
- How to do market research that doesn’t make you wish for death.
- What to do if your product is at the lower or higher end of the price range.
- Why knowing where you fit in is essential to your success.
- How to position your product in a way that makes retailers come to YOU.
Chapter Five: Release
- How sale or return/consignment works.
- Why it might be killing your business.
- How to weigh up the pitfalls and advantages for your particular business.
- How to wean existing stockists off sale or return – and start making some money.
- The best way to decide if selling your work to shops is right for you.
And it’s completely free!
More than 10,000 artists have taken this training.
Enter your name and email address to get instant access to The Joy of Wholesale (including an audio recording of the whole class.)
Ready to dive in?